Half-ton pickup redux

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool! Maybe this will bring back some memories, the last of the old days in Philly, before the kids with obnoxious Japanese cars took over:

Lol. I drove a Japanese car part of that time. An eclipse. A firebird the other half. When I was there it was a mix of imports and domestics. That was the year before I went to college

We've all committed sins in our past... I had a Japanese pickup truck in the late 1990's!

I cleansed myself with a 1970's Bronco.

Reactions: Seasoned Oak
We've all committed sins in our past... I had a Japanese pickup truck in the late 1990's!

I cleansed myself with a 1970's Bronco.
That eclipse was one of the best cars I have had. I put over 200000 hard miles on it and other than regular maintenance it only needed a water pump a radiator and a power steering pump. Granted when I got rid of it the turbo was shot and the clutch was slipping really bad but it still got me to work every day.

There are probably videos of both of us streetracing in Philly.

Having kids makes you look back on stuff like this, and wonder how any of us are alive! [emoji3]

Reactions: bholler
That eclipse was one of the best cars I have had. I put over 200000 hard miles on it and other than regular maintenance it only needed a water pump a radiator and a power steering pump. Granted when I got rid of it the turbo was shot and the clutch was slipping really bad but it still got me to work every day.

There are probably videos of both of us streetracing in Philly.

I had the Eagle version. 90 Talon TSi AWD, super fun car to drive, not so much to repair but it would do 100 in 3rd gear.

I had the Eagle version. 90 Talon TSi AWD, super fun car to drive, not so much to repair but it would do 100 in 3rd gear.
I had a 95 gsx

1967 Pontiac Acadian Canso SD 327 4 speed first new car I bought
17 years old saved every penny from every job I worked from 14 on
My Mother thought I was nuts my Father loved it. Wish I still had it.
I was working for Jack May Pontiac my first year as an apprentice
Mechanic.

Mostly the driving while inebriated:p
I never did that. At least not on a road. But I did used to drive like a complete idiot both on road and off. I can't even begin to count the number of times I have rolled a vehicle off road. Some of them were even on purpose lol.

Reactions: Ashful
I never did that. At least not on a road. But I did used to drive like a complete idiot both on road and off. I can't even begin to count the number of times I have rolled a vehicle off road. Some of them were even on purpose lol.

Ditto.

Cant count the number of times i drove after too many, not that it was very wise but never got in any accidents or got any DUIs . The more tuned up i was the slower i drove, so if you were behind me and i was going 10 Mph,good chance i was in limp mode. Mostly on local in town roads. That was back when it wasnt such a major driving violation. Havnt done it since the 80s.

Not going to brag about past driving experiences, unsure about the statute of limitations, but I can say that none were in a half-ton pickup.

PS: The pickup is now sold.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceBus
Status
Not open for further replies.