Hampton H300 burn times?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raybonz

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 5, 2008
Carver, MA.
Looking for burns times using a Hampton H300 and all hardwoods.. There is one in CT. an unused porcelain floor model for $1500.00 or best offer.. Just curious as it looks pretty nice in the pic.. I am heating ~1632 sq. ft...

Thanx,
Ray

It's a very nice heater and a good deal, the stove retails for about $1000 more. At 1.7 cu ft it's a small-medium sized stove. Estimate burn times of 4-6 hrs. Maybe only 3 in the dead of winter when the stove is being pushed. I'd get it only if the savings is put directly into better insulation and sealing up of the house. Otherwise I'd continue to look for a good deal in the 2.5-3 cu ft range, especially if longer burn times are important. Or just get the Fireview.

BeGreen said:
It's a very nice heater and a good deal, the stove retails for about $1000 more. At 1.7 cu ft it's a small-medium sized stove. Estimate burn times of 4-6 hrs. Maybe only 3 in the dead of winter when the stove is being pushed. I'd get it only if the savings is put directly into better insulation and sealing up of the house. Otherwise I'd continue to look for a good deal in the 2.5-3 cu ft range, especially if longer burn times are important. Or just get the Fireview.

Thank you for some very good advice! I found this on Craigslist but in Ct. maybe someone here could use it?

Ray

My customers report about 6 hour burn times. Keep in mind, that I wont sell it to someone looking to heat more than 1000 square feet. Its a good looking, solid little stove.

Franks said:
My customers report about 6 hour burn times. Keep in mind, that I wont sell it to someone looking to heat more than 1000 square feet. Its a good looking, solid little stove.

Thanx Frank it won't work for me so it's off the list..

Ray

Franks said:
What color enamel were you interested in?

Anything that will go with anything such as black or dk. brown, why?

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.