Hampton HI300 installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hdavison3

Apr 29, 2007
Morrisonville, NY
Well, folks.
I finally got around to ordering the Hampton HI300 Fireplace Insert. It looks great and I will post some pictures.
There are only a couple of things that I am unhappy about.
The installer advised me that the fireplace insert had a noticable chip on the right hand side of the ashlip ( below the fireplace door) He said he noticed it before he removed it from the crate. I looked at the warranty and it said to contact my dealer within three days of installation to advise them of any cracks or chips and I did. I explained to the Dealer that the ashlip was removable (four bolts hold it to the main body of the stove) and requested a replacement. Instead the dealer wants to stop by my house with some touch up paint. The chip is about the size of an eraser head and goes down to the cast iron. I was not impressed with this response.
Also, the blower fan blows on low when it is set to high and visa versa. The response to this was that it never should have gone out that way and I was advised that I can probably unscrew the switch from the panel and fix it myself- which I probably can but why should I have to? I paid almost $3,000 for this insert!
I am wondering if any other Hampton HI300 purchasers have experienced similar problems. If so, please share any thoughts you may have for getting resolved.
Thanks,
XCB

The High/Low reverse thing I would not be too concerned about as that is just a couple wires reversed (but I have a degree in electonics and telecommunications so I would just swap the connections on the switch). But the chipped paint I would not be happy with. That can't be easily fixed. After spending that much money on an insert, I want it perfect. I just installed a Regency i2400 insert and am very fussy. I would work through the dealer for a resolution. If you can't get any where with them take it up with the manufacturer. Good Luck.

New stove deserves new paint, not touch up. The ashlip is easily removable, tell the dealer you paid for new, and unchipped, and thats what you want. If he is so lame as to not replace an easily replaceable part. At least try and get him to order a new ashlip, and maybe swappem yourself. I'd tell him to ship you the new one and you'll send the old one once received. Then keep the old one for your trouble & for a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.