Happy new year all! question on a Morso 1125G

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate V

Jan 2, 2015
Massachusetts
I recently purchased a second hand Morso 1125G in great condition! I am building a hearth and can not find anywhere online what the BTU or hearth requirements are per manufacturer? I was told by someone to build and R2 hearth and that would cover my basis.
also the local chimney guy I hired to install the pipe through my ceiling 18' up is converting the 8" to a 6" for through the roof. thoughts on this?
thank you!!
Nate

hi nate welcome to forum just google morso 1125 g just stands for the colour green it's there

The stove should have 8" piping all the way. There is no exception mentioned in the manual for running it with 6" pipe. It needs 30 " clearances.
Screen Shot 2015-01-02 at 11.49.56 PM.png

i figured out why he wants to reduce pipe to 6" most modern wood stoves have 6" pipe seeing how it's going through roof he might be thinking for future stove instalations

Status
Not open for further replies.