Happy New Year!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

FirepotPete

Minister of Fire
Oct 25, 2010
Titletown U.S.A
Wishing a Happy New Year to all! Hope for peace in the world, health to you all and as of right now that you are staying warm and safe in some of the coldest weather that has gripped a large part of this country (and Canada) in many years.

Cheers!

FPP

You can keep that stuff waaaaay over there. We've got the windchill crap, don't need the snow. lol kap

Reactions: FirepotPete
Happy New Year to all from over here. Wow, that North Atlantic "see saw" sure has tipped all the cold weather in your direction. Winter over here is unusually warm, wet and windy.

Last edited:
Yes Happy New Year to everyone here and every where else. They are even forecasting a little snow in Louisiana.

0596A885-C526-43A4-AD2A-33A89BA3B653.jpeg
You can keep that stuff waaaaay over there. We've got the windchill crap, don't need the snow. lol kap

Calling trucking co. Now! Sending some your way Kap! Don’t want you feeling left out :cool::cool::cool: lol

We got 6". That's enough for now. :p

Wasn't bad yesterday or today but we got -20F coming in a day or two. Pro Pellets are keeping up well. Keeping the stove clean.

Found out a coworker who lives down the road lost his house last Thursday due to an electrical fire that started inside the wall. Good ol lax building codes of modular houses, I've seen some of the things other people have uncovered. I don't have much either but I gave him the $130 I won at our Christmas party. His insurance should come through in the long run, but for now it's going to be a struggle, and there are things you just can't replace anyway.

Also my daughter's stepdad is dying from a very aggressive untreatable cancer, he's 46. I see him decline rapidly every visit there. A month ago he was fine. Probably the only decent guy her mom found after she left here back in 2003. My daughter is having a hard time with it.

So I've got a lot to be thankful for, life and home are 2 things often taken for granted.

Reactions: kappel15