Happy with Blaze King Princess Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2008
northshore ma
I have upgraded and have been burning since mid october. I swept my liner and got maybe 3 cups of black flaky/dust...I was expecting more with the nature of how this stove burns. I was able to finally put my finishing touches and thought to post a picture of my setup. Hope the picture works!

Extending the hearth is on my to do list. The floor has never gotten too hot in front of the existing tile so I'm not sweating it, however I plan to extend anyhow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Nice set up. Looks great. Nice room. I love the tile on the fireplace. You may want to consider extending the hearth.

Nice set up. Looks great. Nice room. I love the tile on the fireplace. You may want to consider extending the hearth.
Thanks dfk. The tile is new since the new stove and we are digging it too! Hearth will be addressed after this season. We needed the long burn upgrade and this is doing it just fine!

Insert looks great! Seeing your gate reminded me that our new kidco hearth gate can be opened by my 18 month old with just brute fat baby persuasion. Basically he grabs onto the handle and leans back and starts jerking and it will pop open. Kinda disappointing, I just zip tied and step over the gate now.

Insert looks great! Seeing your gate reminded me that our new kidco hearth gate can be opened by my 18 month old with just brute fat baby persuasion. Basically he grabs onto the handle and leans back and starts jerking and it will pop open. Kinda disappointing, I just zip tied and step over the gate now.
I remember those days Quentin! My kids are 5 and 6 and it's keep the toys out gate. :)

Reactions: Quentin2
Status
Not open for further replies.