Happy with my new Harman TL300 but....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vuzl

Mar 9, 2013
My Harman TL300 is now in operation for two weeks. I absolutely love this stove. It is easy to control, simple and clean to operate with it top loading feature, and I am absolutely ecstatic about grilling on it. Everything works the way is suppose to work, with one exception. I do not get 12 hours burn time. I do not have any draft issues. The stove is easily controlled by air controls and there is no problem to maintain temperature. The chimney is 22' straight double walled . The house is 2700 sq feet, open plan. It seems hard wood that I bought as being pretty well seasoned and of good quality. There is no visible smoke when I burn the stove in the after-burn mode. The outside temperatures in the last couple of weeks have ranging from 33 to almost 50, and yet I was not getting more then 8 hours of burn time with the full load. Even with the air control almost all way down. Any suggestions?

My Harman TL300 is now in operation for two weeks. I absolutely love this stove. It is easy to control, simple and clean to operate with it top loading feature, and I am absolutely ecstatic about grilling on it. Everything works the way is suppose to work, with one exception. I do not get 12 hours burn time. I do not have any draft issues. The stove is easily controlled by air controls and there is no problem to maintain temperature. The chimney is 22' straight double walled . The house is 2700 sq feet, open plan. It seems hard wood that I bought as being pretty well seasoned and of good quality. There is no visible smoke when I burn the stove in the after-burn mode. The outside temperatures in the last couple of weeks have ranging from 33 to almost 50, and yet I was not getting more then 8 hours of burn time with the full load. Even with the air control almost all way down. Any suggestions?

I would say that it is probably your wood that is not as seasoned as you think it is. Get yourself a meter and then split one piece of the load and then measure the inside. I think you will find that it is not 20% or below. If the temps were like they were a few weeks ago for me, single digits and below, then I would say the TL300 was working just fine, but with temps like you are experiencing now, above freezing, you should be getting close to 16 hour burns. At least that is what I can get with seasoned wood. If you read some other posts where people are having similar problems with other stoves, it's usually the same problem...wood, wood, wood!!! What I do when I have wood that is not seasoned as much as I would like, I throw in a couple of fuel bricks that are sold at Home Depot or Lowes. They burn very hot and help the not so seasoned wood. Good Luck! You have a great stove, just takes a while to get used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.