Harbor Freight 2 Stroke Generator

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And, cheaper than a new battery for my Bosch cordless drill.

Ehouse

I lie. A lot. ;lol

Had a little fun with one of mine today. Put it in the garden tractor trailer, plugged in the electric leaf blower and drove down and back up the 878 foot drive way with the leaf blower sitting on the right fender. Done. Next it gets used with my electric pole saw to trim limbs on said driveway. And then the electric string trimmer...

Three tools. Only one stinking thing with a spark plug and carb.
Wow BB, all the inconvenience and lack of power of electric combined with the dirtiness and unreliability of a 2 stroke. Sounds like the perfect compromise!

Heck if they were all gas powered they would be two strokes anyway. And the lil blue HF sucker only smokes on start up.

With only one unreliable engine to mess with. As to power, as long as the leaves leave, that is all the power I am looking for. I actually rake the piles and piles out of the yard surrounded by trees because I hate all leaf blowers. Mine and my neighbor's included.

And, cheaper than a new battery for my Bosch cordless drill.
And Ryobi Lithium.. So first start I squirted a little oil in the spark plug hole and carburetor to prevent dry start from sitting on shelf, smokes a bit but will clear...

Ran some "Night Ops" with mine last night. 1 500W halogen and my HF genny let me split fore a couple more hours after it got dark @ 4:30.

Mine was delivered yesterday. Can't wait to try it out!

I get a bunch of stuff from HF. I wouldn't use it in a proff situation but for the 3x a year I need whatever tool it's great and usually cheaper than renting.

Picked it up for 88 less 20%, so $71. Not bad
Usually if you use a coupon or code, it's not applicable to generators...... You did good...

The HF circular in this months Road&Track has the coupon code to get this thing for $89 - code 15438216, valid through next April.

At that price its tempting to get one as a backup for the big generator!

online code or you can cut out the coupon from the circular and use it in store.

Status
Not open for further replies.