Hardwood Fuel?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shield1561

Jan 11, 2009
Mooers, NY
Hello everyone.

I just contacted my local Sams Club and they have wood pellets in stock for 4.79 a bag. The brand is Hardwood Fuel. Anyone heard of them before? I didn't find much on them.

-Justin

UPDATE: Didn't seem right so I called back. The lady said they are made by Biofuel and they are premium hardwood. Anyone have any experience with these?

If its a brand no one has heard of, I wouldnt buy tons until I tried a few bags in my stove first. Keep in mind, the last thing these big box stores look at is quality. The bid out their contracts and buy pellets from whoever is the cheapest. They would sell pellets made out of kittens and babies if the margins were right.

Status
Not open for further replies.