Hardwood Pellets in bulk per ton - $200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geek

Minister of Fire
Feb 28, 2008
Central CT
There's a guy in Wallingford that posted this in craiglist, he's in Wallingford but the add doesn't mention about brand at all.

Looking at the picture he posted it looks like a 1 ton in a big bag, he quoted:

"I have premium pellets in bulk form. They are in 1 ton super sacks. These are not in individual bags. I can load on your truck or trailer."

geek said:
There's a guy in Wallingford that posted this in craiglist, he's in Wallingford but the add doesn't mention about brand at all.

Looking at the picture he posted it looks like a 1 ton in a big bag, he quoted:

"I have premium pellets in bulk form. They are in 1 ton super sacks. These are not in individual bags. I can load on your truck or trailer."

Geek, Please post or send me a PM with the contact info. This is what I have been looking for!

Thanks
jay

called the guy again and he said the pellet is Maine brand, made in Maine and that this is the end of his last batch (I guess from the ending season) and that he has more coming but he wanted to sell this first....

might be too cumbersome to unload and store such a big bag in my house.....would be nice to try a few pounds though....

Geek,

I was going to burn corn. So I have made a hopper! I am using the corn vac to suck the corn from the bulk fiber barrels I have. No reason you can't do the same with pellets.

I built my hopper to have a tapered bottom. The corn or pellets will gravity feed to 5 gallon pails. Then dump in the hopper.

I will have to see if it will suck the pellets to the hopper!

jay

cool, can you share pics of the "new" hopper invention.....

Not my Idea, I found it on iburncorn.com

jay

Attachments

• corn hopper.jpg
    corn hopper.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 450
Preused ufO brOKer said:
makes me wonder how defectivized they might be....keep posting kids

czarcar is that you??? You mean the maine woods defect pellets?? Think MUSS had some of them. My Omega won't care! It will burn them defects!

jay

sinnian said:
How does your Omega feel about TONS of ash?

The Omega is a Biofuel stove with a self cleaning burn pot. I ran the stove for 8 days on switch grass pellets. They are very high in ash, more than wood pellets. I never opened the door on the stove. I only cleaned it because I was going to try corn next. Ran corn for 10 days with no issues. Again never opened the door. Only cleaned it because I was bored.

It will have no issues with these pellets. I just hope to get some heat out of them.

Hearthtools has the same stove and ran his for a month straight and never opened the door. He has pictures posted some where. Search Omega with hearthtools as auther. You'll see!

Its not even going to be a challenge!
jay

Status
Not open for further replies.