Harman 52i pellet stove has a humming/whirring fan sound in chimney that sleep preventing.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

wallyspam

Mar 14, 2021
New York
We bought a house we havent moved into yet that has a Harman 52i stove. The stove itself is operating well and the fans are what I would call normal volume. Upstairs in our bedrooms we can hear a whirring sound that a fan seems to be making in the chimney. We have yet to pull out the stove to clean it, it was just cleaned when we signed papers, but I was wondering if anyone has had this issue or know what this could be. I hear it also in the basement near the chimney and on the 2nd floor. Our stove is on 1st floor but we do not hear it there.

I am going to have a stove company come out to look over the stove and give me some tips since I have never owned a pellet or wood stove before. I wanted to first ask here in case this could be a common issue.

Let it cool down and clean the combustion blower. Even if they said it was cleaned do it yourself. Could be dirty or fan blade bent

Reactions: Ssyko
The OE combustion blower is not a high quality piece of hardware. I am on my third blower since 2014 and the noise level is back up again so I’m looking to find another brand and see if it makes a difference in less noise and longevity.

If you happen to have the older combustion blower cover by chance there is an updated version...Harman updated the CB cover, the updated version has a pin or tooth that keeps it in place so it doesn’t vibrate. I saw a thread on another forum awhile ago. The Harman part number of the new one is 1-10-574087A

Reactions: Peterfield