Harman 52I-TC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bfarney

Jan 21, 2019
Saxonburg
looking for some help with my Harman 52I-TC. I have been messing around with the feed limit and was looking for the best set up. Seems like I am really going through the pellets. Had the feed limit set at 75% turned it down to 30% and it gets a lot of burning pellets stacked up. Any suggestions thanks

I set my Harmon XXV at #4 and forget it. Read the manual. Pg 28 (Troubleshooting). Do you follow the directions on cleaning? Sounds like some air holes are plugged.

Your statement "really going thru pellets" says nothing to me. What is that in Bags per day or hour? I go thru about 1/2 bag a day or 1 per day with Mild Winter Temps. 2 is not unheard of.

The other half of the equation is Temps and How Old and Well Insulated is your Home? That don't sound bad if it's 20f and big house. Remember it's space heater. How many Pellets you use is Algebra Problem. When it was 6f at my house I was going thru about Bag and 1/2. 2000sq ft upstairs and 400 in basement. Set at 75 on the stove. Yours sounds about right.

Going thru 1/2 every night and 1/4 for the day or less (depends if furnace is used too). But it's Sunshine and 34f right now too with lows of 20f this AM.