Harman Accentra 52i insert - 6 blink status

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Brutus511

Jan 25, 2019
Lansdale, PA, 19446
Hello!
I am new here and need help with a problem. A couple weeks ago my Harman Accentra 52i insert stove started getting a 6 blink status light. For a few days, I just reset (by turning off, then on) and it would continue to burn for about an hour before it got that same error. I did some research online, and found a few things that might cause this. I replaced my rope gasket on the door, which definitely needed replacing. After that, it burned fine for about 12 hours, then the problem returned. Then I replaced the ESP. It burned fine for over 48 hours, then the problem returned. Somewhere in there, I cleaned out the fines trap, tapped out anything that would fall out of my 4" flexible exhaust pipe which goes to the top of my 2 story chimney, and cleaned the heck out of everything I could. I usually use the standard Tractor Supply pellets, nothing special. I tried Lowe's premium pellets for 4 bags without any difference.
I burn my stove on 'stove temp' and never on 'room temp'. I don't even have a thermostat hooked up. I typically run the feed on 3-4. This is the 4th season that we've had our Harman and it is the primary heat source in my house. I called the dealer where we bought it and just about fell over when they told me how much a service call would cost, plus parts. I'm not sure if there is anything else I can do, short of the control board.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Just for starters, I’d switch to room temp mode and see if the behavior continues. If it doesn’t, I’d suspect a problem with the ESP probe.