Harman Accentra 52i QUICK QUESTION

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 47 outside here and my stove is going right now. In room temp mode it just cycles on and shuts off in a while in this weather.

But it seems I've developed a temp pot problem with my P61 when set at 71ish, sometimes it doesn't come on and as soon as I touch the dial the stove turns on, I don't even have to move the dial just tap on it very lightly. Going on the fourth season and that setting is a very common one for the stove to be set at. I don't have any contact cleaner at the moment but I will try some when I get it. Meanwhile I'll skip that setting, hmmm got a choice drop the temp or bump it up some more ! Hoping it doesn't need a new pot, not sure where my low temp soldering iron is off hand.

Last edited:
It's 47 outside here and my stove is going right now. In room temp mode it will just cycles on and shuts off in a while in this weather.

But it seems I've developed a temp pot problem with my P61 when set at 71ish, sometimes it doesn't come on and as soon as I touch the dial the stove turns on, I don't even have to move the dial just tap on it very lightly. Going on the fourth season and that setting is a very common one for the stove to be set at. I don't have any contact cleaner at the moment but I will try some when I get it. Meanwhile I'll skip that setting, hmmm got a choice drop the temp or bump it up some more ! Hoping it doesn't need a new pot, not sure where my low temp soldering iron is off hand.

I'm pretty handy but soldering is one thing I can't do. Hope it's a easy fix for you!

I'm pretty handy but soldering is one thing I can't do. Hope it's a easy fix for you!
It's not difficult, just a matter of matching solder to the material, temp range and clean mostly. I'm sure that since you are handy that you can also solder, given the right conditions and materials. Little doubt in my mind.

Don't know about where you are Cody but it's supposed to get pretty cold around these parts tonight. You might get a little better test out of that stove if so there.

Don't know about where you are Cody but it's supposed to get pretty cold around these parts tonight. You might get a little better test out of that stove if so there.

It's about 32 here in Maryland. Started the stove up yesterday around 430 and have left it in room temp mode at 70 and the house has been a comfortable 71 all night. I can really notice a difference on pellet usage between the two modes. I feel weird with it going on and off but I guess that's the way they designed it. That just makes it alittle harder on the igniter correct? I also am on the lookout for a good cleaning brush that will go around the 90 in the air duct in the back. I really go over board with maintenance on stuff that I own.

Reactions: alternativeheat
Status
Not open for further replies.