Harman Accentra 52i QUICK QUESTION

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody901

Oct 19, 2016
Maryland
Hey guys,
I been getting most of my parts in the mail the past couple of days. I received both adapters for the exhuast and OAK. I figured the adapters would fit down in the holes tight but they are loose. Looking for some input. I will attach a photo.
image.jpg

Thanks,
Cody

Don't quote me because I don't own this stove, but it seems to me when we were looking at them ( bought the P61a instead) that the guy we spoke with said the vent is 4" on those. I could be wrong of course. But if you bought a 3" adapter and this 4" info is correct, that would explain what you are looking at.

If you flip the adapter over will it then slip over the stove flange with a decent fit ?

Well,guess it's just plain wrong then.

IMG_0414.PNG My p35i has a cage that the stove attaches to. The exhaust then attaches to that. Yours does the same but it may be 3 or 4"

Last edited:
Thanks, I do have all that. Did you just run it right over that stub and put a hose clamp around it?
Till FM answers: usually with any pellet stove venting you would seal the seams, on mine I used red RTV as I pieced the pieces together and still used some sealing tape here and there as well. Pellet vent is under slight pressure, if smoke can find a place to leak out, it will.

Till FM answers: usually with any pellet stove venting you would seal the seams, on mine I used red RTV as I pieced the pieces together and still used some sealing tape here and there as well. Pellet vent is under slight pressure, if smoke can find a place to leak out, it will.
Ok I appreciate it, I'll be sending those adapters back and using red rtv and some hose clamps.

There are plenty of 52i owners in the forum, it's very popular. Maybe someone will chime in with the correct adapter number for you.

Thanks, I do have all that. Did you just run it right over that stub and put a hose clamp around it?
Clamped and sealed.

Yes the stove is to slide into its cage it seals on the stove side of the cage with an adaptor using pressure. on the chimney side of the cage connect 4" and out. My stove is a newer model but I think most of the older models are the same using a slide in cage

Well.... everything is installed. I just started it up for the first time and so far everything is good. I don't like not being able to see the connections in the back to make sure it's all good. How hot does the exhaust pipe get leaving the stove? I wanna be confident! I will post a picture below.

IMG_3185.JPG

You have wood back there don't you ? I think you should have a containment if so, it's a shell they sell when you have a false fireplace install and not the real deal ( can't think of the actual name off hand but it should be in your install instructions, it's basically a metal fireplace liner). Excuse me if I'm wrong about that. But anything in the exhaust that is single wall can run up around 300 deg and even more in the real cold weather . Lets put it this way, you aren't putting your hands on it, Harman allows the exhaust gasses to get up to 500 deg f on a max burn and then the ESP will slow the burn down. Double wall venting is not an issue, the outside of that is just uncomfortable to the touch but not hot enough to cause combustion of near by materials.

You have wood back there don't you ? I think you should have a containment if so, it's a shell they sell when you have a false fireplace install and not the real deal ( can't think of the actual name off hand but it should be in your install instructions, it's basically a metal fireplace liner). Excuse me if I'm wrong about that. But anything in the exhaust that is single wall can run up around 300 deg and even more in the real cold weather . Lets put it this way, you aren't putting your hands on it, Harman allows the exhaust gasses to get up to 500 deg f on a max burn and then the ESP will slow the burn down. Double wall venting is not an issue, the outside of that is just uncomfortable to the touch but not hot enough to cause combustion of near by materials.

It is a actual fireplace with a flu. I used a 4" flex stainless liner and insulated it. I used 3" semi rigid aluminum for the OAK. I cut a block off plate for the flu and also used red rtv to seal all the connections along with heat tape.
IMG_3186.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_3183.JPG
    IMG_3183.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 189
Reactions: bags
You should be good then !

Reactions: bags
So how is it burning for you ?

How is that new Harman Cody? Zeus has had one awhile. Others here too and they love them. I think you will like yours as well. How many SQ FT are you heating with it?

So far so good. Last night it really impressed me! Heating 1200 sq ft. Had the downstairs around 79 and upstairs around 75. Was very comfortable and will take some playing around to get it set right for me. I set it on room temp while we hung out watching tv and then set it on stove temp when I went to bed

Most of us "played around" with the Harman controls at first and then for the most part ( not all) we settled in on room Temp Auto and the temp we want the house at. Mine has been in RTA most of the fall long this year, I just let it start up and shut down as it needs and the house stays at 72-73, 24/7.

You have a lot of stove there for 1200sq ft. You should never be lacking for heat LOL.

Most of us "played around" with the Harman controls at first and then for the most part ( not all) we settled in on room Temp Auto and the temp we want the house at. Mine has been in RTA most of the fall long this year, I just let it start up and shut down as it needs and the house stays at 72-73, 24/7.

You have a lot of stove there for 1200sq ft. You should never be lacking for heat LOL.

Haha you got that right I bought this stove cause I plan on building a house soon and plan on taking it with me. Tonight I will try room temp auto and keep it on 70. Feed rate on 4? She ate about a 3/4 bag of pellets last night so I want to see if room temp will use less. Also, the door was sealed tight this morning I should of opened it acouple times before bed.

Haha you got that right I bought this stove cause I plan on building a house soon and plan on taking it with me. Tonight I will try room temp auto and keep it on 70. Feed rate on 4? She ate about a 3/4 bag of pellets last night so I want to see if room temp will use less. Also, the door was sealed tight this morning I should of opened it acouple times before bed.
That all sounds about right. You might want the room temp probe to be 3-4 ft off the floor. And it doesn't matter much where you set the feed rate for now, anywhere from 3-4 will give you about the same result anyway. It's not cold enough out for the feed rate to enter the equation, the stove will never max out and that is the only time it will hit your feed rate setting anyway. Harman's constantly are changing feed from 1 to your limit you set. Most of us run between 3.5 and 4.5, except for a few self deluded folks that think they will save pellets somehow.

That all sounds about right. You might want the room temp probe to be 3-4 ft off the floor. And it doesn't matter much where you set the feed rate for now, anywhere from 3-4 will give you about the same result anyway. It's not cold enough out for the feed rate to enter the equation, the stove will never max out and that is the only time it will hit your feed rate setting anyway. Harman's constantly are changing feed from 1 to your limit you set. Most of us run between 3.5 and 4.5, except for a few self deluded folks that think they will save pellets somehow.

Yeah it's supposed to be in the upper 40's tonight so I probably won't even fire it up. Gonna drop this weekend so I'll really be burning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.