Harman Accentra 52i Restrictor Plate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rbarrick

Mar 21, 2023
PA
Hello, I'm referencing this older thread:

I'm in the same boat. Have an Accentra 52i and replacing the burn pot with the new revised one. I have the restrictor plate behind it and if you use the new gaskets that come with the new burn bot version and since it requires two, one in front of restrictor plate and one behind, these gaskets are much thicker then the original ones and it cause a slight gap between the burn pot and stove where the auger is pushing pellets in. I have reached out to Harman but still no answer on if the restrictor plate is required with the revised burn pot.

Call a Harman dealer. If they don't know, call another. Trying to deal with Harman direct is almost impossible. Or Don may know---

Call a Harman dealer. If they don't know, call another. Trying to deal with Harman direct is almost impossible. Or Don may know---
I reached out to Don who reached out to his Harman guy and he said "the restrictor plate is no longer available and it is not needed". I take that as with the new burn pot revision that it is no longer required.

Thanks for trying to get an answer to this question! I might take mine off this summer, I guess. Mine was burning pretty well all winter with the plate, but I am curious how it will do without it.