Harman Accentra 52i-tc installed last week! Trying to optimize settings to get more heat upstairs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mfisher520

Jan 9, 2023
New Hampshire
We're loving our Harman so far. We both work from home and wife works upstairs. The stove is in our living room. The room is a rectangle and stove is centered. If you look at these photos, I'm standing in front of the stove so you can see where the doorway is that leads to stairway and dining room. There is also a door way on the other side of living room to kitchen which shares space with dining room. I'm wondering what to do in terms of fan placement and whether to point towards or away from stove or up the stairs. Another question is it better to have fan on high speed to push the heat further? I'd love someone to help me optimize my setup. I realize it won't be perfect but I'd like it to be efficient as possible. We have oil boiler that I'd like to just use as backup. Also will be getting a nest sensor for upstairs bedroom, so oil will only kick on when it is lower than 64 upstairs. Thanks for any suggestions!

IMG_9977.JPG IMG_9978.JPG

Cold Air Sinks. I would put fan on top of stairs and point down. But since Pellet Stove is Space Heater it's not going to make it toasty warm.

I agree with Dataman. You need to move air by adding fans.