Harman Accentra 52i won't feed pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tonyo906

Jan 23, 2014
maryland
I have the Harman Accentra 52i pellet stove that is about 2 years old.
Today when I went to start it the pellets wouldn't feed.
I tried the test mode and everything was fine it was feeding pellets and all light lit.
When I turn it on the constant mode nothing happens.
I did empty hopper to see if anything was stuck and nothing was.
I did unplug the stove to reset it and same thing only the combustion blower ,power and status light came on.
No distribution feed or ignitor lights were lit.
I am not getting any blinking lights to say there is a problem.
Any help would be appreciated.

I guess I'll ask the obvious, when was the last thorough cleaning of the stove, meaning behind the plates, under the burnpot, all of the venting, fines box, etc. Folks experiencing this in the past ended up having a blockage of some kind.

Reactions: bags
And I assume the igniter switch is turned on ?

Last edited:
The whole system was cleaned last month.
the ignitor switch is set to manual as this is the recommended setting with the continously burn cycle.

You should be able to run the stove in constant burn Auto or Manual, I doubt the 52i is any different in that way than any other Harman.. How is it going to fire off in manual with the igniter turned off ? I would think you would Fire it up in Auto, then switch to manual if manual is the setting you want.

Reactions: bags and Lake Girl
You should be able to run the stove in constant burn Auto or Manual, I doubt the 52i is any different in that way than any other Harman.. How is it going to fire off in manual with the igniter turned off ? I would think you would Fire it up in Auto, then switch to manual if manual is the setting you want.

Exactly, I think many of us have made that mistake. Needs to be in auto (at least my 52i does) to fire off then switch to manual if you want.

Reactions: Lake Girl
A couple of things. Twice I have had blockage in the way of pellet fuel. Once was a nail in the bag, the other time was a broken bolt head. I had to pull the auger both times to clear the jam. If you are unsure, having a tech come out may save a lot of pain.
As for the other poster's issue. Get a helper to help pull the insert out, and onto the rails, it is much easier with two people to pull it out equally, than try to wiggle it out by yourself.