Harman Accentra 52i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to pellets stoves and feeling out the best settings etc as many folks here have. A little pellet rookie humor:
1) Observation - just because my wife turns the stove down at night so that the oil thermostat kicks on since my house's ambient temp drops like ROCK doesn't mean I have to lose my marbles...
2) Observation- anyone whose ever spent hours of their life on watch in the middle of the ocean, days apart from another contact on radar (forget seeing anything) feels a special connection staring tired at the compass inside the Harman Accentra... Navy or merchant marine fellas pls confirm...
3) Observation - any day is better by finishing it in front of the ambiance and warmth of a pellet stove cranked up (not funny, but true)

Ok, so I've asked my better half not to change any settings (but sure, top off the hopper any time).... That doesn't that make me a bad guy.... Maybe half bad
Ok just ran across your posting... Had my 52i installed just before you had yours installed - what a fabulous thing to have had for last year's brutal winter! As for your compass staring comment... well we were only on the surface for about 8 - 10 hrs. from port to the dive point past the 100 fathom curve... IF you didn't see a contact then (I was qualfied as a Lookout on both subs), you were not going to see one until your journey back in after a 75 day stint under the great blue ocean! (maybe even under your ship too at the time lol)

Thanks boomer sailor. Hope you guys are piling up the pellets. September is shaping up to be the buy month from what I've seen around at retailers. Best of luck.

I didn't know about the shortages from this past winter until finding this site about a month ago - all my pellets were delivered when stove was installed! What dumb luck I'd say! Anyway, I saw the posts about the shortages and had 3 nice smelling new tons of LaCrete delivered in July! Thanks and best of everything to you as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.