Harman accentra 52i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydronics

Feeling the Heat
Dec 3, 2008
Northern CT
Hi, my Parents are considering the 52i. Anyone have experience with one? Good, bad or otherwise?
Thanks,
Jeff

Been very good for my home. By the way, my in laws have the predecessor and my father in law is impressed with the upgrade they've made to the air distribution blowers. The thing rocks and it's pretty easy to learn how to do the maintenance. Tell them to do the weekly cleaning and it'll keep email warm!

Last edited:
Hands down the best pellet insert you can buy love mine. Glad I reasearched before I bought totally a very happy harman customer

The 52i is the easiest to maintain and keep clean slides out on rails to do yearly cleaning.has a large hopper 12 hour burn times or greater depending on how cold it is,will burn any pellet good and bad,will keep set temp within 1 degree, two 136 cfm fans blows a lot of heat,and it's a very attractive stove.my wife says it looks like a expensive pice of furniture.

I bought and installed mine last August. Some things I did not like are-poor quality paint job, several bare cast exterior pieces, wrong bend on the OAK "weldment" as Harman calls it, and sharp hopper screws that penetrate into the hopper. All easily remedied by myself and although I was not pleased initially, I would rate it a 10 now. I burned 2.5 tons through it and could not be more pleased. A co-worker has a different insert-same pricing structure, but the hopper only holds about 40 lbs and is offset, making it difficult to fill. No such issues with the 52i. Cleaning is very easy,( I recently posted what I use instead of the Harman service rail), rock solid reliable, and doesn't smoke on power failures-had one this winter, and as someone else said, it is a very good looking unit. Hope this helps!

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I have a wood gasification boiler so no experience with pellets. Any other pellet inserts worth considering?

The Quadrafire Mt Vernon AE and E2 appear to be well respected around here. In fact, I have an E2 getting installed next month.

The Quadrafire Mt Vernon AE and E2 appear to be well respected around here. In fact, I have an E2 getting installed next month.
Wow that's cool will you be using the accentra and the mt vernon together or are u replacing the accentra

My experience has been very good, stove cranks out heat and is rock solid and has been easy to clean. I had a quad insert for several years before I up graded to the 52i. Its a great stove.

Reactions: Big papa
Status
Not open for further replies.