Harman Accentra 6 blink issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minister of Fire
May 8, 2011
midwest
Right, so, I finally found aa pellet that burns in my Harman without leaving a speed bump and the damn thing starts throwing a 6 blinker. I've deep cleaned it and leaf vac'd the chimney....still throwing it. The only thing i didnt clean was the fines box and i don't know how that would theow a 6 blinker. Any sugg3stions?

It's possible. A full fines box can lead to partially burned pellets &
I've had a bad fines box gasket lead to the same. Mizewell clean it.

The only time my Harmon blinks is when I forgot to put pellets in. Haven't found any pellets that my stove wouldn't burn hardwood pellets are very Ashey & dirty, soft pine by far is the cleanest .

My stove did this a couple of times. All I did was clean in the igniter compartment, bang on the burn pot to knock ash loose and cleaned all the holes in the burn pot. Especially the lower holes.

Reactions: bags
Did you figure it out? If so what was it?

No I didn't. I did a hard reset and its running again. I'm sure it's just waiting for single digits to fail again. In the meantime the Enviro omega is back together but not running right. It's hardly throwing any heat which is confusing since all i did was change the agitator motor and didn't touch anything else. I'm really wishing i hadn't procrastinated so much last summer and installed my wood stove. This is what i get for being a lazy bastard.

LOL! Yeah, I can relate to procrastinating and then it biting me in the ass. Then i get pissed at myself.

I wonder if your control board is getting testy or goofy. It is an older stove isn't it? If you checked all and cleaned not sure. Wonder it any wires are getting brittle?

I had some goofy BS going on like that with my Woodmaster OWB that has an ECU (aka: control board) an what I finally figure out was that the thermistor that read the water jacket temps was bad but once I got into it I now think it was more the wiring from the ECU to the thermistor.

I grabbed the wire and the brittle sheathing literally cracked everywhere I moved it. It was some thin ass chinsy factory wire. I replaced the thermistor and ran new wire and it was good to go.

Your deal might be something simple and goofy too but a head scratcher then Duh!!

Yeh it's a 2005. Running ok so far. Time will tell.

My PC45 is a 2006. I went thru it completely when I brought it home. Just doing that without replacement parts made it run quite well. It just had years of an internal mess going on a crappy burns. The guy had only burned corn and not sent many pellets thru it overall. It looked brand new but the inside was a mess.

I went ahead and bought new backup parts for it but have yet to install any replacements. I did do new door and ash door ropes. It is getting to the age of maybe things wanting to quit. I mainly use the P68 and don't run the 45 much. It's more of a backup and more so set up for another area.

Compared to the 68 (new Oct. 2014) it is way slower in operation and adjusting inputs along with shutting down.

Status
Not open for further replies.