Harman Accentra Auger Speed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenalmond

Jul 25, 2008
Boston MA
I have a question on the auger speed for the Harman Accentra stove that I purchased last year.

The manual states to put the auger speed at 3 or 4 and to manipulate it so that there is a 1 inch belt of ash at the lip of the burn pot before it drops into the ash pan.

My question is why 1 inch. I would assume that you want the slowest auger speed possible so that the pellets undergo the most combustion in order to release all the potential heat within them. What is the advantage of having the auger speed any higher? With the new pellet stove systems they have on board computers to make sure that the fire is kept going with thermostats etc to prevent to few pellets from causing the fire to die out.

Sorry if this is a newbie question but is has been bugging me

Thanks

Glenalmond

You are just setting the MAXIMUM feed rate so that unburned pellets don't overflow into the ash pan.

I would set it 4 and forget about it.

Dougsey said:
You are just setting the MAXIMUM feed rate so that unburned pellets don't overflow into the ash pan.

I would set it 4 and forget about it.

I concur

Status
Not open for further replies.