Harman Accentra electrical buzz, no action

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

movemaine

Minister of Fire
Nov 28, 2011
Central Maine
movemaine.com
I cleaned my stove, put everything back together and started it back up. It ran fine for about 45-60 minutes until it shut down.

Checking out why it stopped, I pulled it out and saw the green and yellow ground was not connected. I reconnected it and tried to start it back up, but no go. I can see nothing else wrong.

The board shows power, solid status and combustion blower (but the blower is not blowing). All I hear is an electrical humming. Would it running for that brief period with the ground disconnected screw something up?

And, if I put the feed rate on test, the distribution blower starts blowing.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Find what is humming.May have knocked a chunk loose and combustion blower is jammed.

Combustion blower blades spin free, no blockage. I'm wondering if something fried.

Well,I would run 120 volt direct to combustion blower,see if it runs,if does,check all wiring,pull control board see if any obvious damage.

Well,I would run 120 volt direct to combustion blower,see if it runs,if does,check all wiring,pull control board see if any obvious damage.

Will do. Thanks.

Combustion blowers getting power, so I'll start there. Thanks.

Alright, so I ended up calling the pellet techs and they took out the combustion blower and put it back in and the stove started right up...

It's been running fine since (3 weeks or so). However, today I vacuumed out the ash and the same thing occurred. The stove is making an electrical buzzing noise, the light is showing combustion blower, and nothing else is happening. I'm wondering if my vacuuming is somehow tripping a vacuum sensor or something similar?

Cleaning/vacuuming is the only thing these two events seem to have in common.

Seems the combustion blower is dying. I removed the blower, hooked it up to power and it attempted to spin but wouldn't turn until i gave it a little push. After that it started right up every time, but it looks like a new part is in my future.

Try a couple drops of 3in1 oil on each end of the armature shaft to lube the bushing/bearings. Might free it up

Follow up question - is vacuuming somehow tripping something? I did a quick vacuum this morning (vacuumed the ash pan and the open space on the sides) and the same thing happened. The blower won't engage. Every single time it's when I do a quick vacuum (not a full clean).

In testing, the distribution blower is locked up when it's receiving power and in this state. You can't turn the blades at all. However, I can 'jump start' it by turning power off, spinning the blades and while the blades are spinning turn the power back on.

Last edited:
Follow up question - is vacuuming somehow tripping something? I did a quick vacuum this morning (vacuumed the ash pan and the open space on the sides) and the same thing happened. The blower won't engage. Every single time it's when I do a quick vacuum (not a full clean).

In testing, the distribution blower is locked up when it's receiving power and in this state. You can't turn the blades at all. However, I can 'jump start' it by turning power off, spinning the blades and while the blades are spinning turn the power back on.
Was the stove plugged in while vacuuming?Vacuuming wood stove dust creates lots of static electricity.

Was the stove plugged in while vacuuming?Vacuuming wood stove dust creates lots of static electricity.

Plugged in, but off. I'll try it next time with it unplugged.