Harman accentra fine box

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

savenmoney

Jan 9, 2017
USA
I have an older free standing harman accentra chain driven pellet stove, bought off market place. When I bought it the fine box was full of fines clean out and it worked for a while then started making weird thumping noise and stopped working, in the fine box was full size pellets no fines. Had it professionally cleaned he though it was just cheap pellets after one day of burning with good pellets it was making the same thumping noise when auger was turning and now the finebox has full size pellets again and stove quit working. Why am I getting full size pellets in my finebox?

You may not have reset the flap in the fines box properly, it should be level

You may not have reset the flap in the fines box properly, it should be level
Ok. Not sure I understand the "flap" are you talking about the 1/4" steel at the top that allows pellets to drop down? It was put back together by a harman service tech, hopefully he did it right. What are the signs of a bad auger?

Reactions: Washed-Up
Check to make sure that the slot on the slide plate is straddling the steel flap.

Reactions: Washed-Up
I would then empty the hopper, take off the back, and turn it on in test mode and see what it's doing.