Harman Accentra FS pellet stove stopped working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandySTMA

Jan 12, 2014
Minnesota
My Harman Accentra FS pellet stove blew the fuse on the circuit board. I replaced the fuse and another blew. I tested the auger motor and it is working fine. I noticed that if I disconnected the distribution blower it did not blow the fuse. I replaced the distribution blower. I no longer blow the fuse when plugging in and turning on the stove. That is, I don't when the High/Low switch is on Low. If it is on high I blow the fuse. So with the switch on low, I turn on the stove. The distribution fan spins very slow, but nothing else happens. I move the dial to test mode and the distribution fan spins correctly, but nothing else happens. I replaced the pressure switch. It still acts the same.

Any ideas?

How old is the stove? In test mode, the ONLY thing that happens is distribution blower runs? No combustion blower or auger? Is the door closed? Sounds like you may have a control board going south.

How old is the stove? In test mode, the ONLY thing that happens is distribution blower runs? No combustion blower or auger? Is the door closed? Sounds like you may have a control board going south.

It is about 10 years old. I will check the doors again. I will check into getting a control board as well. Thanks

I would disconnect the igniter and do your testing. When in test mode with the doors closed you should have the exhaust motor come up to speed then the auger will activate if the vac switch is satisfied and the distribution fan should run. Good luck

I would disconnect the igniter and do your testing. When in test mode with the doors closed you should have the exhaust motor come up to speed then the auger will activate if the vac switch is satisfied and the distribution fan should run. Good luck

I will try that this evening, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.