Harman Accentra Insert Augur Bearing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimL

Mar 19, 2013
Hi Folks,
New to the pellet heating routine after 28 years of heating with wood. My three bothers with pellet stoves convinced me to fill my fireplace with a used Accentra insert that I bought from a Harman dealer.
I have had it running for a week with little issues other than my combustion fan has a buzz to it. Hopefully, this will clear up with a good cleaning this spring. Today, I ran into an issue that the augur would not stop and was just pushing unburned pellets out of the pot. Called dealer and a restart seemed to clear that up although the dealer said there may be something else going on and may require a new control board. I also was bothered by the augur noise and held the phone to the unit and he said the augur bearing is bad. He is giving me another bearing. Any issue with installing the new bearing? Would appreciate any advise you can provide.
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.