Harman Accentra Insert - Distribution Motor Longevity??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy New Year to all.

My Accentra Insert is running nicely in its second season. I am, however, noticing a slight "rattling" sound coming from the distribution blower motor. (definitely isolated it to this motor)

Last season I burned about 4 tons of pellets and ran the stove from Oct to April. This season I'm already surpassing last year for pellet usage (with the damned price of that oil!! )

Wondering if my dist. motor bearings are starting to go. Any other Accentra Insert owners out there with advice on how long until I will need to replace major parts? I did do a thorough cleaning of the dist. blower this summer - took it out and cleaned all the vanes.

I have a very 'open floorplan' home and am providing about 95 percent of my heat with my Accentra Insert - for 3000 sq. feet believe it or not...my Accentra works HARD.

Thanks.

I can't answer your question, but the blower motor should still be under the warranty. I'd call your dealer and have them replace the motor as it will conk out at a time and place when the dealer is closed.(and who knows if the dealer even stocks the part to begin with !).

Anton Smirnov said:
With the Accentra Insert, the fan is so close to the floor, that if a small peice of plastic (like from around a gallon of milk) got knocked under it, it will get whacked by the fan and make noise.

try running a ruler under the insert to brush aside any debris, before you call the dealer.

My Accentra Insert is up on a raised hearth - about two feet off of the floor and surrounded by "cultured stone" blocks - so no chance of that - but thanks for the suggestion!

Minnow - good suggestion. But I'm of the impression that the dealer will be reluctant to replace a part that hasn't really failed yet. Worth a try though - Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.