Harman Accentra Insert Q's

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarl

Sep 5, 2006
www.skullmobile.com
Hi,

I have a 2005/2006 Harman Accentra Insert I had installed this year and I had some general and some strange questions about it that someone might be able to help me with.

We just had someone install stone veneer on our 'chimney' around the insert and the installer got real messy and pulled off the covering I had over the stove to protect it. He scratched it and got masonry grout on the unit. I tried cleaning it with a plastic bristle brush with water and couldn't get the grout stains off the finish. anyone have an idea of what I can use as the stove looks really dirty. I also need to repaint the scratches, Its got the stock charcoal finish, can I use standard black grill paint on it, or should I get paint from the dealer (didn't notice it on the website).

Its also a pain to fill from the bags, anyone sell/know/use a can with a spout that will take a full 40lb bag of pellets that I can fill the hopper with?

I have read in the board here that people have been having good luck keeping the unit on 'room heat' with the pellet feed rate on around 3 and 'room temp' in the middle, I have my unit at these settings.

I noticed a lot of ash buildup around the rim of the pot as the fuel is being pushed up, how often should I clean this off?

I also noticed that sometimes I will see full pellets fall into the ash pan, only sometimes though and its usually a handfull doing it, is this normal?

Thanks in advance!

Tarl said:
Hi,

I have a 2005/2006 Harman Accentra Insert I had installed this year and I had some general and some strange questions about it that someone might be able to help me with.

We just had someone install stone veneer on our 'chimney' around the insert and the installer got real messy and pulled off the covering I had over the stove to protect it. He scratched it and got masonry grout on the unit. I tried cleaning it with a plastic bristle brush with water and couldn't get the grout stains off the finish. anyone have an idea of what I can use as the stove looks really dirty. I also need to repaint the scratches, Its got the stock charcoal finish, can I use standard black grill paint on it, or should I get paint from the dealer (didn't notice it on the website).

Stove brite paint available from your dealer

Its also a pain to fill from the bags, anyone sell/know/use a can with a spout that will take a full 40lb bag of pellets that I can fill the hopper with?

The more handling of pellets causes more fines going from bag to bucket to hopper is just addind another step. I don't have an insert but just cutting the corner of the bag it is easier to funnel the pellets into the hopper.

I have read in the board here that people have been having good luck keeping the unit on 'room heat' with the pellet feed rate on around 3 and 'room temp' in the middle, I have my unit at these settings.

3-4 on feed rate seems to be the norm on the Harmans

I noticed a lot of ash buildup around the rim of the pot as the fuel is being pushed up, how often should I clean this off?

Cleaning the ash is not needed.. By design of the bottom feed stove this ash is pushed up and out of the burnpot.
However the burnpot needs to be scraped of clinkers at least once a week.

I also noticed that sometimes I will see full pellets fall into the ash pan, only sometimes though and its usually a handfull doing it, is this normal?

This is normal at or shortly after the stove starts up but not while running

Thanks in advance!

Good luck
A detailed cleaning for your stove below
http://www.harmanstoves.com/maintenance/accentrainsertcleaninginstructions.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.