Harman accentra low pressure hose

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidG

Dec 12, 2015
ma
Hello,
Can anyone tell me where the low pressure switch hose connects to other than the switch? Also how to access it? It is a 2006 insert.

Looks to be going to a port above the feed motor-mechanism. Manual I viewed had pretty poor resolution.
Good luck and Welcome

Insert usually means more work. If the unit is not on sliding rails it's going to be a real headache.
Why the concern about the hose?

I'm not too sure if this is going to help, I'm betting this is the same manual BioBurner was looking at.

http://downloads.hearthnhome.com/installManuals/Accentra_Insert.pdf

Page 32 of the manual gives a not so nice graphic of the routing of the hose. Certainly is not a clear view.

Page 34 gives a line drawing of the internals from the soda of the switch.

The pages where the hardware breakdown are seem to be blank.

Reactions: DavidG
If the stove does not go to start up then you have your answer as the stove has to have the vac switch closed to start the auger to work. But if the line or the port for the hose is plugged stove will not start either and your replacing of the vac switch will just have been a expensive swap and vac switches are fairly rare to fail. Also if the stove has not had the door gaskets changed within five years enough air can get around and cause the vac switch to not close too. Dollar bill test can help determine if they are still good.

from the soda of the switch?

Yeah...the Coca Cola, the Fanta, the Pepsi, the Mountain Dew. And the A&W, and the Royal Cola, and the Thunder, and the Dolly, and the Crush, and the Vroom, and the Kola Román, and the Iron Beer, and the Blue Sheep More Hito, and the Frescolita.

Actually, I have no idea what I was trying to get across there.

But I do so much love Wikipedia.

I'm old, decrepit, forgetful, old, forgetful, decrepit,.... wait, did I say that already?

Last edited:
Reactions: bags
After much thought I've decided that what I meant to say was "side of the switch".

And I'm all for the shooting and burying. Please do it before Christmas?

After much thought I've decided that what I meant to say was "side of the switch".

And I'm all for the shooting and burying. Please do it before Christmas?
We're not letting you off that easy....

Knot Baaad yt, Have to change the title before someone gets their shorts in a wad.

Knot Baaad yt, Have to change the title before someone gets their shorts in a wad.

I'm figure I'm covered, one of the participants in this foolishness is a moderator. Wait, you are too.

Looks like I have the makings of being a moderator sometime in the future? Scary thought, that.

Status
Not open for further replies.