Harman Accentra Malfunction after Power Resumption

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jbarbi3940

Sep 26, 2023
Maine
Hello,
I have a Harman Accentra 52I -TC, with touch control. It has worked perfectly for the past five years. We had a power outage here in Maine last week. The stove had been turned off, but plugged in. (I did not get the memo about power surges.)

When power resumed, the “warning, door open” message flashed. (The door was closed and the gaskets are fine.) The combustion blower runs, but that is it: the auger is off, no pellets are dispensed, and no ignition. Nothing but the blinking warning light.

I called my dealer. He suggested two things: that I turn it on and off (duh) and that I update the software, which I did but nothing changed. When I called the dealer back to schedule a service call, I could not get an appointment until . . . January 9! I don’t live in the hinterland of Maine, but there are no other dealers around.

So, I joined the forum and was hoping to get some of the impressive advice I have been reading here. Is there an easy fix to try? I suspect it’s the touch control or circuit board (two separate things, right?). Those are very expensive, $800 plus, not returnable and installation may exceed my DIY competency limits.

So, what do you think and what would you do? Thank you.

Not familiar with the stove, but based on the message I assume there is a mechanical switch that senses when the door is open. If you can locate that, can you jump the switch leads to see if the switch is failed? Unfortunately it's usually the control board that takes the brunt of the power surge damage. $800 for a new board sounds like a lot, but then again everything is a lot these days.

I looked at a schematic , doesn’t show any door switch so it has to be vacuum based…. Jump the vac switch and see if it removes the message. This is what I suspect might be wrong or simply the input sense to the board is burnt out for that sensor unfortunately.

Hello,
I have a Harman Accentra 52I -TC, with touch control. It has worked perfectly for the past five years. We had a power outage here in Maine last week. The stove had been turned off, but plugged in. (I did not get the memo about power surges.)

When power resumed, the “warning, door open” message flashed. (The door was closed and the gaskets are fine.) The combustion blower runs, but that is it: the auger is off, no pellets are dispensed, and no ignition. Nothing but the blinking warning light.

I called my dealer. He suggested two things: that I turn it on and off (duh) and that I update the software, which I did but nothing changed. When I called the dealer back to schedule a service call, I could not get an appointment until . . . January 9! I don’t live in the hinterland of Maine, but there are no other dealers around.

So, I joined the forum and was hoping to get some of the impressive advice I have been reading here. Is there an easy fix to try? I suspect it’s the touch control or circuit board (two separate things, right?). Those are very expensive, $800 plus, not returnable and installation may exceed my DIY competency limits.

So, what do you think and what would you do? Thank you.
Was/is the stove plugged into a surge protector?

Also check the vacuum line to the low draft pressure switch. They can get plugged with fine ash causing the problem.