Harman accentra pellet insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rene

Jan 24, 2015
ny
My insert won't turn off, the combuston motor keeps on running. It also seems the to keep feeding pellets.
I opened the hopper lid to stop the feed, but the motor keeps running. I have to turn power strip off.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

It normally takes about an hour or more for the accentra to fully shut down how long have you waited

It can take more than four hours for the exhaust fan to stop. There is sometimes a delay of auger to stop pellets also it seems on some models. Possibly to allow the stove to cool from a larger fire? I have a Hestia that runs in pellets for several minutes after shutdown is started. Out PC45 can sometimes feed fuel for several minutes after turning to off. It takes all of 4 hours plus to shut down. Have you cleaned the ESP lately? The ESP has a lot to do with the stoves feed and fan control. When was stove installed and last full cleaning?

Wow 4hours never took mine that long maybe 1 1/2 hours but not longer than that

Probably 1--1.5 hours for mine.

Mine will sometimes continue to feed a few times. Mostly as stated before, if it has been running non stop for the week. Usually off in around an hour to hour and a half.
Certainly wouldn't shut it off at the power. Not sure what damage to the Circuit board that would do.

My insert won't turn off, the combuston motor keeps on running. It also seems the to keep feeding pellets.
I opened the hopper lid to stop the feed, but the motor keeps running. I have to turn power strip off.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Turned it off, went to bed, woke up in the morning and still running with a small fire in pot. That's when I open the hopper door, but I got up and the combuston motor was still running. stove was cold

First try and clean the stove well and pay attention to cleaning the ESP first before worrying about its replacement.

Turned it off, went to bed, woke up in the morning and still running with a small fire in pot. That's when I open the hopper door, but I got up and the combuston motor was still running. stove was cold
Is the stove still under warranty? If so have your dealer take a look.

First try and clean the stove well and pay attention to cleaning the ESP first before worrying about its replacement.
Had my insert since 2006, never had any problems with it. I'll give it a good cleaning, especially the ESP.

I've had this problem with my Accentra insert from time to time. Turning off the power to the stove seems to solve the issue in the short term.

As to the cause, I speculate that it is caused by a dirty/faulty ESP because it only happens occasionally and after a low/slow burn. A thorough cleaning seems to chase the problem away.

It could also be due to a bad pot switch for the Room Temp - Stove Temp dial, a common issue on these models. Mine was faulty a couple years ago and the combustion blower would randomly come on, or pulse on and off even when the dial was in the off position.

It could also be due to a bad pot switch for the Room Temp - Stove Temp dial, a common issue on these models. Mine was faulty a couple years ago and the combustion blower would randomly come on, or pulse on and off even when the dial was in the off position.

Ive had the same problem and it was due to a bad pot switch on the Toom Temp -Stove Temp dial. Even though it was in of "off position" the fan would still run. I turned the dial a little bit and then the fan did stop.