Harman Accentra Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MtDewKid

Nov 25, 2017
Springfield
Hello? Is there anyone listing?

Just signed up today. Went to a local Harman Dealer to price out an Accentra stove. I have natural gas steam radiator heat ( and I hate it for there is too many cold spots ) and was thinking of having a pellet stove installed.

$4500 for everything, installation included. Not sure if this is a good deal or not. The stove is on sale for $2999.99.

My home is 965 square feet, with the living room and dinning room combined making 310 square feet. I think this stove might be a bit overkill for such a small home, yet it was built in 1929 with plaster walls.

I have been wanting fire for heat since I bought this home two years ago. I grew up having a coal stove in the basement when coal was cheap, then my parents moved to pellets. I vowed to have some sort of fire for my home if I ever bought a house. Well that time is here.

So, hello everyone! I will be watching this forum now that I have found it.

Any tips, suggestions, ideas, and do's and don't are very welcomed!

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, there's lots of us listening. Welcome to the forum. I've been happy with my Accentra for more than 10 years. It may put out more heat than you need for your space but it's better than not enough.

Reactions: MtDewKid
I have owned a accentra 52i now for 4 years. with no problems what so ever. I use it for supplemental heat and burn about 4.5 ton a year. Can not complain about buying a Harman. The prices are high on these stove but you get what you pay for. These stoves will burn any pellet you put in them and your maintenance will be a minimum. I have found that the only difference in pellets for me is that some will produce more ash and will need to be emptied out more often. The heat for the pellets is about the same as long as you adjust the feed rate depending on the size of the pellets going through your hopper.

I just purchased a new to me Harman Accentra 2 free standing, retired the Kozi for the time being. Read about all I could find on these units and am impressed, very efficient. This unit just runs for days, scrape the burn pot every morning add pellets and walk away until evening. When it was first set up the inside was a dark color and the flame just not right.Also when running a whistling noise could be heard. Using a hose to my ear traced it to the bottom of the stove. When shut down, under the ash pan found two 3/8 inch threaded holes open to the bottom. Apparently these are used to fasten the stove to a shipping crate. Plugged them up and a world of difference, nice white flame and white ash on the back panels. Very good investment.

I am reaplying in part for my own Harmann stove failings....I can't seem to find the place to start a new thread-it just takes me to the main page with biomass and fireplaces!
That said, would anyone know what it means, when you can't get the auger to feed at all, if you empty out pellets and then stick the vacuum hose in the auger plate area...and it comes back on? It still doesn't seem like its moving, but is this evidence that I'm presenting vacuum positive if theres a leak elsewhere.
Bonus is I saw some slight blue flashing behind the stove yesterday. I have figured that was from a loose wire where I've disconnected the igniter.
My ONLY piece of advice is avoid Harman's igniter-automatic lighting is the first thing to get dirty and screw up your system. It is the bane of my Accentra p51i~you didn't say what model you were looking for, or what kind of advice specifics?

If you make the auger work by inducing a vacuum
Then 1 of three things come to mind
1-- combustion fan not working
2-- major air leak
3 -- Stove is way past needing a major cleaning plugged solid with ash

I’d opt for the p43 also. I’ve had both and find the p43 to be much easier to clean and maintain and found it burned cleaner than the accentra