Harman Accentra Problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fkarbo

Sep 24, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA
Had a repair guy come out to troubleshoot my Accentra. He went to change out the ESP, and the new one did not fit. The circumference of the probe is different (smaller than the new one). The one that was in my stove was white with a point, and he said all of the ESPs are red or black. Cannot find any on the Internet. Has anyone had this problem?

Was the wire red or black...what year is the Accentra..I think somewhere circa 07-09 they changed over to red(Digital) vs black(Analog) input. Most of the newer boards can do both via a jumper though.

The wire was white. The repair guy said they only had red and black, so I don't know what's up with it. I don't know the year because I bought a floor model and this is only my third winter with it. Serial # is 2624.
A554E78C-5FE5-4E2D-8EFF-F9BDD70E486B.jpeg
3BB08C25-7C22-407B-92ED-176B9933EF13.jpeg
3BB08C25-7C22-407B-92ED-176B9933EF13.jpeg
00BB8DF2-DB48-4F7D-B630-6147CDF28A77.jpeg

Just found this from a stove dealer:

Mounts in the exhaust housing near the vent pipe connection. Clean with a scotch-brite pad or fine steel wool at least once per season. Wire Color There are 2 different thermistor ESP probes for the Harman line; one has a black wire, one has a red wire. You must order the same color thermistor probe as the one you are replacing. Please Note that the Black Wire ESP will also replace the early White Wire ESP Probe.

Reactions: Washed-Up
The wire was white. The repair guy said they only had red and black, so I don't know what's up with it. I don't know the year because I bought a floor model and this is only my third winter with it. Serial # is 2624.
Just found this from a stove dealer:

Mounts in the exhaust housing near the vent pipe connection. Clean with a scotch-brite pad or fine steel wool at least once per season. Wire Color There are 2 different thermistor ESP probes for the Harman line; one has a black wire, one has a red wire. You must order the same color thermistor probe as the one you are replacing. Please Note that the Black Wire ESP will also replace the early White Wire ESP Probe.
Wow. Thanks. Gonna try aa black one. I'm not sure the repair guy had one on him.

To find your stove build date look for sticker on the side. I also got floor model in 2018. Built in 2014. When new model arrived I got it at 1k discount. It had very little use in the store.

To find your stove build date look for sticker on the side. I also got floor model in 2018. Built in 2014. When new model arrived I got it at 1k discount. It had very little use in the store.
There isn't a sticker on the side...or the back. Just the serial number.

The Data Plate is Riveted In. Looks like this I bet. Look at the Bottom of the Plate for Date

Attachments

• 20200926_112413.jpg
    20200926_112413.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 194
  • 20200926_112012.jpg
    20200926_112012.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 196
The Data Plate is Riveted In. Looks like this I bet. Look at the Bottom of the Plate for Date
Here is mine. This thing must be older than I thought.
Well, this is interesting. Looks like the place where I bought it somehow cut off the manufacturing date. Look closely at my pics.
25E3DB68-4396-4A19-9758-2E1590E1A326.jpeg
53111B24-A1FE-4474-9BD6-2E58A50C0926.jpeg

Pull that plate you may find that the date is under it

Reactions: Washed-Up
I'll bet if you peel back that lip a little you will find the rest of the sticker is under it
not cut off just covered by the lip

Reactions: ABusWrench
In the picture of the esp, the tag says 12-24-02. I agree, the rest of the tag is under the panel lip.

So I replaced the ESP myself after not hearing back from the dealer (that I paid $80) that came to look at it in the first place. It ignited and ran, but still low flame after about a half hour. Temp was on about 75 degrees. If I turned it all the way up, flame got larger. No blinking lights on the panel.

So I replaced the ESP myself after not hearing back from the dealer (that I paid $80) that came to look at it in the first place. It ignited and ran, but still low flame after about a half hour. Temp was on about 75 degrees. If I turned it all the way up, flame got larger. No blinking lights on the panel.

What mode are you running it in? Stove temp or Room temp? I assume room temp?

Last edited: