Harman Accentra

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Truck162

Feb 27, 2014
Longisland
New member always went on this website got good info, I have my Harman Accentra (not insert) free standing for about 5 years never ever had a problem Winters past good cleaning every week , this year been so busy only cleaned it a few times. Now reading some post about how to run it, now thinking been running it wrong . I always run the stove on stove temp on auto, temp on 3,4 or more to blow hotter then lower again. Never really messed with the feed adjustment because I thought that was for only rm temp. This morning lefted for work it was on , then my wife calls me and shut off out of pellets she filled it and now not even turning on. No lights on at all the power still works because lamp is on same outlet and surge protector on it always. Can't do much now at work thinking about going home give it a good cleaning but the thing is no power lights on and tried to put it on and not working ? Please help don't want to call a local place and get beat over the head $$. Can it be a fuse ? Where is the fuse if it is and how should I run it? Thank you Tom

Should be a normal glass tube fuse,6a 250v.Do not know if your stove has an overheat safety switch,do not think so.

Older stoves had the rocker switch. Fuse goes often when the igniter shorts:( So may have two problems or something else on the circuit trip the house breaker. Potential of three things to ponder. Pickup a fuse on the way home and try and remember where you left the torch if you have to manual light. Still going to be a while till things warm up. Todays high here a -7F

Older stoves had the rocker switch. Fuse goes often when the igniter shorts:( So may have two problems or something else on the circuit trip the house breaker. Potential of three things to ponder. Pickup a fuse on the way home and try and remember where you left the torch if you have to manual light. Still going to be a while till things warm up. Todays high here a -7F
Does not have a rocker switch the switch I guess is a Hi Low switch. I took the 2 screws off the control board where is the fuse ?

Accentra panel is differant than p series but if close should be on the back, upper right by the transformer.

I run the stove on stove temp on auto, temp on 3,4 or more to blow hotter then lower again. Never really messed with the feed adjustment because I thought that was for only rm temp. What do some of you run your harman????

What is the feed adjuster for ?

There's a sticky ontop of the page on how to run a Harman. Read it a couple times. Did you find the issue with the dead stove?

There's a sticky ontop of the page on how to run a Harman. Read it a couple times. Did you find the issue with the dead stove?
I did opened the control panel found the fuse and it was burnt out. . Everything closed at. 9 HD lowes any automotive stores were closed , went to walmart in there auto section didn't have a 6 amp. So I'll try pepboys or autozone tomm. I guess I'll be using oil tonight . So now I'm thinking running it on room temp instead of stove ,confusion, yeah I have to read it again a few times , lot of info . thank you so much for your help , I'm going back to cleaning it every couple of days lol a clean stove a happy stove my theory but thanks again awesome site

I did opened the control panel found the fuse and it was burnt out. . Everything closed at. 9 HD lowes any automotive stores were closed , went to walmart in there auto section didn't have a 6 amp. So I'll try pepboys or autozone tomm. I guess I'll be using oil tonight . So now I'm thinking running it on room temp instead of stove ,confusion, yeah I have to read it again a few times , lot of info . thank you so much for your help , I'm going back to cleaning it every couple of days lol a clean stove a happy stove my theory but thanks again awesome site
Do not use 12 volt auto fuse.Go to electronics or hardware store.

Lack of cleaning probably had nothing to do with the stove igniter burning out if that is what is wrong with the stove. Keep us updated on the final outcome. Five years on igniter is a lot of cycles. How long does a typical light bulb last? Not five years:)

If fuse blows on start up you could disconnect the igniter and replace fuse and try ignition cycle. If it then does not blow you have narrowed down the problem for whatever the cost of a simple fuse. Hope someone can chime in as to what the resistance should be for the igniter so you could test with ohm meter.

If like a P series stove and the igniter is blown you should be able to run it in room temp manual. You will need lighter gel or hand sanitiser to fire it off.

If it is igniter is it a pain to replace , is it under the burn pot ? How much is one , I'll do the fuse first haven't tried it yet
The igniter is about $70 and unless you have meathooks for fingers, it's not very difficult. It's inside the compartment with the two wingnuts under the burnpot. The wires are accessed from the rear of the stove. Pink spade connectors IIRC. Just be careful of the cradle it mounts in. Don't bend anything. Do the fuse first and buy more than one.

Ok I replaced the fuse and now I'm up and running !!!!! Thank you for everyone's help , what's test for ? Should i do it and for what reason ?

Ok I replaced the fuse and now I'm up and running !!!!! Thank you for everyone's help , what's test for ? Should i do it and for what reason ?
Test is for checking the operation of all motors without having to fire up the stove or a quick bump feed of pellets if you take a little to long in cleaning the stoves exchanger and pot and don't have enough fire to satisfy the ESP to get the auger feeding again. You've really had and used this stove this long?

To be honest I burn about 2 1/2 3 per seasons for 5 yrs always used stove temp on auto if it gets to hot in house I lower it , days I don't need it I go to off , never use maual or rm temp I just go off and up to stove temp control the blower in high and low never use feed adjuster cause I have it on stove temp lol ? I'm i doing anything wrong ? Never touched the esp probe it's in back of stove about 3 feet long rolled up . I'm Anal about cleaning it , the stove is totally original , igniter , door gaskets etc. any suggestions ? And watch some videos I always shut off and cool down to clean it I never ever opened the door while running if I clean the burn pot I take a handful of pellets put in burn pot and put on .

To be honest I burn about 2 1/2 3 per seasons for 5 yrs always used stove temp on auto if it gets to hot in house I lower it , days I don't need it I go to off , never use maual or rm temp I just go off and up to stove temp control the blower in high and low never use feed adjuster cause I have it on stove temp lol ? I'm i doing anything wrong ? Never touched the esp probe it's in back of stove about 3 feet long rolled up . I'm Anal about cleaning it , the stove is totally original , igniter , door gaskets etc. any suggestions ?
What you think is the ESP is the room air temp probe. The ESP is in the stoves vent path behind the exhaust fan. Needs to be fairly clean to get the most out of the stove. Care needs to be had when cleaning it. There is good cleaning videos on youtube. The room temp probe can keep the room temp you want automatically. I feel the blown fuse may well be a beginning of a problem.

What you think is the ESP is the room air temp probe. The ESP is in the stoves vent path behind the exhaust fan. Needs to be fairly clean to get the most out of the stove. Care needs to be had when cleaning it. There is good cleaning videos on youtube. The room temp probe can keep the room temp you want automatically. I feel the blown fuse may well be a beginning of a problem.
I agree...you've got something going on but it just hasn't manifested itself yet. What you are doing in stove temp mode yourself can be done automatically in room temp mode. Uncoil your room temp sensor and put the probe somewhere up off the floor. Run the stove in room temp mode and set the knob at your desired temp, say 70 degrees. The stove will automatically maintain that temp. Read the Harman link in my sig. It doesn't sound like you fully understand your stove even though you've had it so long. No offense intended, just trying to help.

I agree...you've got something going on but it just hasn't manifested itself yet. What you are doing in stove temp mode yourself can be done automatically in room temp mode. Uncoil your room temp sensor and put the probe somewhere up off the floor. Run the stove in room temp mode and set the knob at your desired temp, say 70 degrees. The stove will automatically maintain that temp. Read the Harman link in my sig. It doesn't sound like you fully understand your stove even though you've had it so long. No offense intended, just trying to help.
Thank you so much I don't really understand my stove I put it on rm temp and go from there . Did the fuse blow cause stove got to hot on stove temp ? I will keep reading the harman post , I didn't understand now starting to click , Go Yankees. ! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.