Harman advance ignitor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Duke307

Oct 17, 2016
Evanston Wy
Hello everyone! I recently picked up an used Harman Advance to replace a propane free standing. Everything on the the stove works great however I had to replace the ignitor right off the bat. I opted for a cheap replacement to ensure everything else was working. Now about 1 month later I have replaced the ignitor after it went out with a harman replacement. Still no ignition. I tested the ignitor and am getting 47 on my multimeter. The ignitor light turns on and I am getting no status light blinks. I manually lit the stove and it is working perfect. I was hoping someone would have some input to point me in the right direction?

Thanks Duke

A couple of years ago a member posted info about an affordable but high-quality (he cited "non-Chinese" if that means anything) replacement ignitor yet, alas, I forgot to bookmark the link. :confused: Fortunately for me, the one I had installed, eh, when my insert was perhaps two years old is still going strong but wouldn't mind a back-up. For my sake and yours, maybe he'll re-post the info.

A couple of years ago a member posted info about an affordable but high-quality (he cited "non-Chinese" if that means anything) replacement ignitor yet, alas, I forgot to bookmark the link. :confused: Fortunately for me, the one I had installed, eh, when my insert was perhaps two years old is still going strong but wouldn't mind a back-up. For my sake and yours, maybe he'll re-post the info.
Well,pellethead sells the Harman ignitor for 53 bucks,quite cheap compared to what they used to be.

Reactions: tiger
Well,pellethead sells the Harman ignitor for 53 bucks,quite cheap compared to what they used to be.
This is the ignitor that I bought the 2nd time.

Thats what I get for goin cheap.....usually costs you in the long run. I was hoping that it would be something else but looks like I will be trying a new circuit board next . Thanks for you help guys

Well,before you condemn the igniters,you bought the stove used.If it went through a voltage surge,the control board could have already been ruined,keeping the igniter on full time,which would burn it out quickly.

Well,before you condemn the igniters,you bought the stove used.If it went through a voltage surge,the control board could have already been ruined,keeping the igniter on full time,which would burn it out quickly.
Ok. I will try a circuit board next and keep the ignitors. Thanks again .

Thanks! Bookmarked, I'll pick one up. Does not look like a fun part to replace, due to location.