Harman Advance Not Shutting Down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick5472

Oct 19, 2008
Columbia, MD
I have been running my Harman Advance in manual mode lately during the night because my igniter is not working. I am also running it in Room Temp mode. When I get up in the morning, I put the Room/Stove Temp knob in the OFF position. I know that the flame should eventually burn out and the combustion fan will shut down after a while. Lately this has not been happening all the time. The flame continues apparently because the feed is still going on. Sometimes the stove shuts down and other times it still keeps going until it runs out of fuel. What could cause the stove to not shut down after placing the Room/Stove Temp knob to OFF? I am hoping my control board is not going bad as well. Thanks for any scoop....

I would start with a complete cleaning before jumping to conclusions, especially the fines box where the feeder slide plate is.

I'm not sure about this and I may very well be wrong. I have a Harman XXV and in the manual mode it may not shut down even with the room temp dial in the off position. I always put my switch in the auto position to get shut down. As I say I'm not sure about this.

In the manual for the Advance it leans towards the ESP probe. Make sure the connections at the board are good.

In the manual for the Advance it leans towards the ESP probe.

probe, board, can even be a stuck open intake damper door.....the know can be touchy too....try and rotate it a bit off center of OFF and see if it makes a difference.

Same problem many are having with the Accentra. Give the stove a good cleaning and give it a hard reset as well.

Thanks for all the ideas. I have been unplugging the unit to shut it down. I plan on giving the stove a good cleaning this weekend. Hopefully I will have fixed the problem just in time to hang it up for the season. Now all I need is a good deal on a new igniter.

I have been dealing with this problem with my accenrta ever since I got a new board. I just prop my hopper lid open for 10 mins, and it runs out of pellets because the auger won't run when the hopper is open.

Status
Not open for further replies.