Harman Allure purchase and experience

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jread23

Nov 11, 2016
somewhere
We have a 16 year old Harman Advance which, for numerous reasons, we decided it was time to replace.

I researched quite a bit and visited a few shops. My wife really liked the looks of the Ravellis and the Allure. There wasn't as much information online about Ravellis or the Allure compared to some other stoves, which makes sense with the Allure since it is new. Ultimately, we settled on the Allure because I figure it's still ultimately a Harman inside and I'm familiar with it, plus I had concern over availability and lead time of parts for an Italian made stove when parts become necessary. The dealer increased the Harman $100 off coupon to 10%, so the price ended up being about the same between the Allure and Ravelli.

I'm picking the stove up today and figured I'd start this thread to chronicle some of my experiences with the Allure, maybe it will help someone else down the line.

Reactions: jackman
Looking forward to your experience with the Allure. It's the only Harman that interest me at all even though I would never pay what they ask for the stove.

How big is the ash pan in the Allure?

At least let him get it home first so he can measure! ;lol;lol Looking forward to the new adventure. Ravelli's were known by another name ... Ecoteck like the one that is in my signature line!

Welcome to the forum! How long have you been lurking?

Reactions: bags
I didn't watch the video, so they may have answered this. The ash pan measures about 12" long by 7" wide by 8" deep.

Thanks for the welcome, I've been lurking and reading threads for about a month.

Reactions: Lake Girl
One day in and no problems yet, really no surprise there. The stove is pretty quiet until the room fan kicks up to about 50%, which is the highest I've seen it go thus far. With the room fan at 50% I could feel it blowing heat 12' away. It wasn't an overly obtrusive noise and quieted back down once the room got to temp.

Since we previously had the advance, our venting was in place which made the overall install easier. The side panels are a bit of a pain to put on; making that easier would be, so far, my one recommendation to Harman.

The digital controls are a nice touch and easy to use. I especially like the scheduling feature which allows you to program the stove for a daily schedule. For instance Monday "wake at 6 AM - 68 degrees, leave at 8:30 AM 60 degrees, home at 5 PM 68 degrees, sleep at 11 PM 60 degrees"

If anyone has any questions, please ask. I will update periodically and will check back on occasion to see if there are any questions I can answer.

Pics we like pics

Looks like the typical guts of the Harmans in a Euro cabinet. It does have a huge hopper at 92 lbs which is sweet. I also noticed it has a regular bolt head holding on the fan blade instead if the Allen set screws that always are impossible to get out to remove the fan blade. Another plus probably.

Still typical Harman pricing at $3,900 and some change. 10% off sure beats the old $100 coupons......

Get some pics up like Rich is asking because we dig them. Nice looking stove BTW. And Welcome!

I'm finally providing an update. The stove has been running for a total of 4500 hours since we hooked it up and we haven't had any issues. It's still very quiet and does exactly what it's supposed to very well. It does seem that I need to scrape the burn pot more often than I had to with my advance.

I was interested in how much power the Allure draws and couldn't find the information in the manual or on Harman's website. So, I bought a kill-a-watt and plugged it in today. I'll post my findings here in case anyone is interested.

Yes, please do. I'm interested and thanks for the report.

Certainly does look like a nice stove. I researched those when shopping around, but finally went with the similar Ravelli (100 classic). It won slightly on aesthetics, and being a bit cheaper (but not by much). Only on day #2 here and am hoping for as boring of an update as you gave 4500 hours later!

So, power consumption numbers are as follows (so far)

With the unit powered on, but no motors or fans running 1.5 watts 0.02 amps
Firing up- feed motor 30% combustion fan 3000 RPM igniter on 350 watts 2.93 amps
feed motor off, igniter on 300 watts 2.5 amps
Drops to 50 watts when igniter turns off
Room fan 10% 73 watts, 1.3 amps
Room fan 10% and feed motor on 105 watts 1.5 amps
Room fan 20% 80 watts
Room fan 30% 90 watts, 125 watts with feed motor on
RF 40% 98 watts, 131 with fm
RF 50% 105 watts, 136 with fm
RF 60% 110 watts, 143 with fm
RF 70% 116 watts, 148 with fm
RF 80% 120 watts, 152 watts and 2.11 Amps with fm
RF 90% 123 watts, 155 with fm
RF 100% 123 watts, 155 with fm

After 6 hours of "normal" runtime - fire up and continuous running with the stove set to 68 and it being ~20 farenheit outside and about 50 in a room I don't have heated, the stove has used 0.44 kwh.