harman auger wearing out?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i've been busy hot water cleaning the feeder assembly and will be installing a cross-over kit while i'm in there! i think i caught the gummy in time as there wasn't to much up the tube to feeder area so i might be ok of not doing the blow torch trick. i was using the post mentioned above for reference, good article.
This is a cummulative issue that happens over a period of time,maybe years.
I believe I caught mine in time too but I`m not going to do anything but pull the auger every year to check and clean the auger and tube right back up into the slide plate.

i've been busy hot water cleaning the feeder assembly and will be installing a cross-over kit while i'm in there! i think i caught the gummy in time as there wasn't to much up the tube to feeder area so i might be ok of not doing the blow torch trick. i was using the post mentioned above for reference, good article.

is ther emuch where the slide plate meets the front of the feeder body? You wont be able to tell well without looking obliquely from the back of the auger tube (auger removed, of course!) and looking up towards where the slide plate is.....this is where we see most of the "gumminess".....also, use 3/8* tubing for your crossover........better flow.....(maybe gonna do this anyhow, I dunno)...

Just curious are you leaving the feeder body attached to the stove?

yes i am, don't want to get over my head with this stove if i don't have to. i got enough projects on the go before winter shows up! parts are a 2hour drive away and 4hours return trip. i could go online for parts but mostly from USA and time is limited at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.