Harman burnpot...just got a "new floating floor style" Pic's

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceguy4

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2011
Upstate, NY
just picked up the newest style...got to take some pictures So different from anything I have seen..Pictures will be posted within the hour. I am very impressed!!!!

harman burnpot 001.JPG harman burnpot 002.JPG harman burnpot 001.JPG

Attachments

• harman burnpot 003.JPG
    harman burnpot 003.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 270
  • harman burnpot 004.JPG
    harman burnpot 004.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 369
  • harman burnpot 005.JPG
    harman burnpot 005.JPG
    230 KB · Views: 348
This is what I was told "new design, new metal, floating floor" My observations...way more holes...holes on both sides...3 slices in the center.no welding on sides of floor... This is how I'm gonna work it. Since my old burnpot is fine, I plan to start the season with it as I know how it burned last year and I'm gonna be burning the same pellet all year. in around my first cleaning I will change it out. Like I said...I'm impressed...all those holes IMHO will make for a good burn. I will post pic's as soon as they become available of flame difference if any. also if anyone wants a special angle, let me know

Holy holes! I'm assuming the floor is designed to be removed for easier cleaning? The slits are for expansion?

Holy holes! I'm assuming the floor is designed to be removed for easier cleaning? The slits are for expansion?
No the floor does not come out...as for the slits...your guess is as good as mine...my guess is the slits are for contraction (cooling off) Could be both

Just noticed from your sig, it's for your PB 105. Never opened one up and looked inside, nor do I know much about it. What is the idle burn like? Gotta assume it's very low. Maybe the additional holes improve the stoves "throttle response"? Do you have to re-flash the board for the new burnpot? So confused. I don't know what I'm looking at...but I like it ::-)

Just noticed from your sig, it's for your PB 105. Never opened one up and looked inside, nor do I know much about it. What is the idle burn like? Gotta assume it's very low. Maybe the additional holes improve the stoves "throttle response"? Do you have to re-flash the board for the new burnpot? So confused. I don't know what I'm looking at...but I like it ::-)
I have the newer pressure igniter so I don't need to do anything. If you have the older finned igniter there is a list of dipswitch settings I almost never let it idle as it lights so quickly. It has a lot of holes!

I got a new burnpot under warranty this summer. Mine has the floor welded in, though, and no slits, similar to the one Centurion showed in this thread last February. Perhaps they're "field-testing" several designs, since warpage has proven to be a headache for them.

I got a new burnpot under warranty this summer. Mine has the floor welded in, though, and no slits, similar to the one Centurion showed in this thread last February. Perhaps they're "field-testing" several designs, since warpage has proven to be a headache for them.
does yours have the holes on the side?

does yours have the holes on the side?

No. It was installed in August, so fairly recent. My retailer told me to let him know right away if it starts to bubble. I assured him that I will do that, just as I did when the first one started warping.

All Harman has to do is look to automotive turbochargers if they want to fix this right. That metallurgy sees temperatures up to 1800 degrees, and it can't warp if the turbo is going to spin without interference.

Put in a new style burnpot today. On the box it said 309 stainless. It should be good for around 1800 degrees. Time will tell.

Put in a new style burnpot today. On the box it said 309 stainless. It should be good for around 1800 degrees. Time will tell.
did it look like mine?

Yes. Holes are larger than old style and extra hole on sides.

This looks pretty good. Keep us informed as to how it burns maybe with pics etc.
Wonder if I would have to make any changes for my XXV?

just picked up the newest style...got to take some pictures So different from anything I have seen..Pictures will be posted within the hour. I am very impressed!!!!

Does anybody have any idea yet if it is worth changing out the burn pot on an Accentra FS? I love all new toys and well . . .

Here we go, lol.

Lets hope this solves the problem! I am getting a little "bump" forming in mine now after 3 years, hopefully I can get one of these sweet new ones before the warranty expires!

Status
Not open for further replies.