Harman combustion blower always runs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kilarney

Mar 1, 2008
Vermont
I plugged my Accentra Insert in last night just in case. It turns out that the stove did not need to come on. I've noticed, however, that the combustion blower has been running non-stop since I plugged it in.

Does anyone have any idea why this is? The status light is lit solid, for what that's worth.

I unplugged it and re-plugged it back in.

Works fine now.

Anyone else have this happen?

not surprised. there's a computer in there, afterall. (and maybe its running "windows". ) It needed to be rebooted.

anything with a computer in it will need an occasional re-boot. My boss has had to re-boot his toyota prius. and it doesn't really shut "off" when you turn it off; as long as the magic transponder key-fob thingy is nearby, its still really "on". So what he had to do was get out of the car, walk 50 feet away, count to ten, then get back in and start again. fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.