Problem. With 2019 Harman Accentra pellet stove. Intermittent issue when fan noise sounds like jet engine ,status light is off and can’t shut the stov

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

vicharris

Dec 18, 2023
Jamestown CO
Problem with 2019 Harman Accentra pellet stove. Intermittent issue where fan goes into “overdrive”, status light goes off and cannot shut stove off unless I pull the plug. I can restart if I turn stove on and then plug into power. I usually go through process several times until stove works then problem goes away for a week or two before re-occuring.
Any ideas about what. Is going on/how to fix?

My guess could possibly be a component on the circuit board is failing and when the stove gets unplugged the component (chip, triac, etc) cools down enough to "reset" itself until conditions for it to fail reoccur. Intermittent problems are tough to troubleshoot.

sam

do you have any type of battery backup on your stove? I had a similar issue where the fans would turn on when the stove was off, turned out it was may battery back up creating the issue.

I would also check the voltage at your outlet when this is happening as it could be a power surge or issue with that plug

Reactions: Washed-Up
Is the stove plugged into a surge protector?

Reactions: Washed-Up