POWER LIGHT flashing, not status light...HELP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jabone

Dec 10, 2020
Warrens, WI
Have been heating our home in Wisconsin with a Harman Accentra for about 5 years. Almost trouble free except for having to replace the control board about 2 years ago. That's the history. Must mention that I clean this stove every 3 weeks.

Yesterday the stove started to SURGE, and growl. It then stopped and the POWER LIGHT (Not the STATUS light) was blinking continuously. I un-plugged it and let it sit overnight. This morning I plugged it in. The POWER LIGHT was on but not flashing. Started it in AUTO mode. Worked fine for 1 hour and started surging and growling.....then shut off with the POWER LIGHT flashing. Did a complete cleaning and noticed exterior exhaust vent was about 70% restricted. I naturally cleaned it and vacuumed the entire pipe. Plugged it back in and tried to restart. The combustion blower runs for about 3 seconds then everything shuts down. AND THE POWER LIGHT starts flashing. Not a code, just flashing. I have tried to restart about 6 times. Same results.

I can not find a reference anywhere to a flashing POWER LIGHT

Anyone have any ideas? The closest dealer can't make a service call for over 5 weeks. Thanks, Scott

Are you sure you have good power? I'd check the outlet with a voltmeter to be sure. If it's plugged into a surge suppressor or UPS remove them and see if that cures it.

Reactions: Ssyko
Thanks for the response. I just tested it again. 120V constant, wired correctly. I also removed the surge protector. Its been running on the same outlet since installed 5 years. Scott

Since board has been replaced, and I assume is newer ,I wonder if something is wrong with the power or the power sense that would shut the stove down on a non sine wave ups. .. dip switch number 4 turned on would tell it to continue on non sine wave but I don’t see anywhere where a power light blinks , but the combustion blower pulsing is the behavior.
If this is what it’s doing, flip dip switch 4 on and see if that changes behavior....that will confirm a board malfunction of that circuit

Reactions: Ssyko and jackman
Plug ti nto a outlet in another room without a surge protector for troubleshooting purpose