Harman DVC-500

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chevyhd

Dec 21, 2005
SouthCentral PA
Does anyone know of someone that has one, or knows how well they work?

they are quite a work horse. Due to it burning coal they put out all kinds of heat, if you have the means I would recommend the Magnum Stoker. I know most people do not have a chimney to install the stoker into but if you do I would prefer the Stoker over the DVC-500. It has a optional duct that you can install on the unit and run the heat directly to the floor above and just use the radiant heat from the unit to heat the area the unit is sitting in. EXCELLENT stove.

My dad has a magnum stoker and it will heat his house easily. The furnace does come on in the a.m. if it gets down around zero or below. He loves it. I was just wondering about the dvc-500 because we how have a harman p-61 which works fine, i have plenty of pellets, I bought all of them in may. I was just kicking around the idea of this coal stove if pellet prices do not come down next summer, coal is readily available in my area. The place I normally prepay all my pellets will not and cannot sell anymore in order to cover their prepay customers. When he was selling it was a 10 bag limit and they were 220 per ton. Just kind of thinking ahead. Thanks for any info.

Don't get me wrong. the dvc-500 is an excellent unit that is direct vent. you just can't go wrong with harman. between the quality design to the warranty, i truely believe your getting the full package.

Status
Not open for further replies.