Harman exhaust stub, impossible to drill for attaching stove adapter?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The accepted method is three fasteners spaced 120 degrees from each other around the circumference of the connection, not one.

Reactions: Washed-Up
Remember, when sharpening anything that is hardened, getting the edge too hot results in loss of hardness. This results in a need to sharpen the tool more often or just an inability to hold an edge long enough to get through the material being worked. Tormek makes a nice set of tools to keep edges cool while sharpening , but it would be much cheaper to buy a new drill bit.

Anything can happen, given the right circumstances. Those circumstances are rare however.
Relatively rare yes but it is pretty nasty when it happens so why not take the simple step of running a screw in? On little 3" stuff as long as the collar fits tight I generally only do one screw. And I usually silicone the adapter on but no silicone anywhere else. If the pipe has no gaskets I use millpac

Reactions: Ssyko
Remember, when sharpening anything that is hardened, getting the edge too hot results in loss of hardness. This results in a need to sharpen the tool more often or just an inability to hold an edge long enough to get through the material being worked. Tormek makes a nice set of tools to keep edges cool while sharpening , but it would be much cheaper to buy a new drill bit.
Why I have a container of water close by. If it turns purple, it's lost it's temper.

Slower speeds and cutting oil. :)