Harman Hopper Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SteelGuy

Dec 19, 2006
I have had my Harman Accentra insert for 17 years. It has been a loooong life burning about 4-5 tons per year. I had someone replace the control board and door gasket once and I replace the combustion blower once. So I think it has been a champ.

Recently (the past few years actually) pellets are getting hung up and not sliding down to the bottom of the hopper. They are getting stuck on what I imagine are years of sap (maybe lignin) build up in the hopper. I tried to use a fine sand paper to sand it off a few years ago which wasn't overly successful (the pellets still get hung up in the hopper). How do I clean the hopper properly in order to remove this issue?

I have thought about lightly sanding the hopper again and spraying silicone on the walls of the hopper but I am not sure if this will create an undesirable effect. I am not sure what else I can do.

Reactions: Washed-Up
I’m a car guy as well and tried Adam’s graphene ceramic spray in mine, among others but this is the most recent, works like a charm.

Dry silicone spray or car polish works for me.

I tried acetone, mineral spirits, denatured alcohol, scraping and nothing worked. Then tried this stuff and it just dissolved all the residue and wiped it off with paper towels.

IMG_0186.png