Harman Iron Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

canyonbrewer

Dec 28, 2017
Idaho
Came across a harman iron pellet insert on local classifieds ad. Wondering if anyone can share some intel?

Tried to do some searching here and on google, but minimal information found.

Anyone have any links to manuals/model information? Dimensions?

Can the unit be installed in a zero clearance box like the newer harmans?

Anyone familiar with the reliability of this unit? Are their expected failures?

Would getting parts be hard?

Thanks!
Jason

Which insert is it. The newer one is a 52i which came after the accentra. And then there’s the invincible which I believe was the original. Post a pic or two and a bit more info on the unit

Thx. Got more info. It’s an accentra from Jan 2005. Blower motor and distributor fan both ran, but I couldn’t get the feed motor to run in the 5 minI was there.

Guy was asking 500$, but I told him it was a gamble for me. He took 200$. Did I mess up?

Last edited:
I’d say you got a steal! I paid $1500 for the same stove, ‘06 model, 4 years ago, and I’ve been very happy with mine. Even if you have to replace the feed motor and a few other misc parts you’ll have a great insert for well under $1000.

I bought one s few years back to flip. Owner said it wouldn’t ignite. Brought it home and cleaned out the hopper and feed mechanism of old Pellets. Cleaned out igniter chamber and flipped the switch. We have fire. Tear it down and clean real good. Especially the two exhaust ports that lead back to the exhaust blower. The one on the left can be tough but keep woyghe brush to get by that 90 degree turn.and yes. A steal for sure

Btw: pm me if you end up needing a ZC box. Someone ordered a bunch of those instead of the new ones a while back so I can probably get you one on the cheap.

That’s a great deal. Did it turn out to just be dirty?

Yup....and I'm missing the bottom cast ashlip. Can you get this part too? I think its 3-00-674051P

Had to put a new igniter in and a new control panel fuse. Working great.

I am 100% interested in the ZC box. I think I need part# 1-10-674070.

It's a Harman Accentra Insert manufactured Jan 2005