Harman Magnafire Series

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

willmcb

Jan 7, 2009
Western NC
Does anyone have any experience with the Harman magnafire series, the Mark I, II, or, III? I would like to hear about its quality and how well it burns wood.

My response is why are you wondering about how a stove designed for coal burning burns wood? A 55 gallon barrel stove will burn wood about the same as a Mark will.

A guy was trying to sell me one and he said that wood worked in it just fine. I don't have coal but I look the looks of the stove so if it functions well with wood too I may get it.

they burn wood fine... in fact to start a coal fire you must have a wood fire 1st... but the box size and configuration is best for coal.

By fine, do you mean as cleanly as an EPA stove? Seems like the secondary and primary air are wrong for efficient wood burning. And no tax credit.

I'd think it'd be better to get a TL300 if you like this look.

By burning wood fine I meant efficient for putting the heat out in the room. As far as the tax credit, I can't get one, I'm not going through a dealer it is used. I justed wanted to know if the guy was saying anything to persuade me to buy the stove.

By tax credit, I think BeGreen was suggesting you just get a new woodstove instead, and qualify for the tax credit.

I probably will get a new one and I am considering the shelburne for my cabin also

Status
Not open for further replies.