Harman OAK hot or cold when stove running

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jim2074

Feb 21, 2014
Eagle River,WI
Hello I have an xxv Haman with Selkirk vertical pipe through roof with outside air. When your stove is running is the flexible pipe used for oak in back of stove warm, hot, or cold? Mine get very warm.

Hello I have an xxv Haman with Selkirk vertical pipe through roof with outside air. When your stove is running is the flexible pipe used for oak in back of stove warm, hot, or cold? Mine get very warm.
I have the corner installed P61A and my OAK pipe is alway cool.or cold depending on outside temps.

Attachments

• IMG_1968.JPG
    IMG_1968.JPG
    176.1 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1738.JPG
    IMG_1738.JPG
    182.9 KB · Views: 108
The design of the Selkirk vent would deliver warm air to the stove.. My OAK is in my chimney and it delivers relatively warm air as well. Much warmer than outdoor air anyway.

Warm air..Use Selkirk DT

My oak is in the chimney and draws in warm air.My last house the oak came straight through the wall and was always cold.I remember one morning the entire pipe was encased in ice.I checked the outside thermometer and it was -10.The stove still burned without a problem.

Mine is a cold as the outside air it draws in. I had to wrap it with insulation to fix condensation on the pipe.

Mine is a cold as the outside air it draws in. I had to wrap it with insulation to fix condensation on the pipe.

Mine gets a coating of ice on the outsid of the pipe. Reminds me of how cold it is outside...........

Your OAK goes up and out the roof as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.