Harman P 43 smoke trouble.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lerxst

Sep 16, 2014
Johnston RI
Hello, been running my Harman P43, for the past 2 days, with some "Pennington" hardwood pellets, it was running great until today, when the temp was satisfied, and it was letting the fire run out, the fire went out, and I was left with smoke in the stove, and even a little in the hopper.
Any tips?

Your combustion fan should run for close to an hour before complete shutdown expelling any smoke?

Reactions: Cory S
Check and clean the ESP. That is the device that tells the Combustion fan to continue running until a certain stack temp has been reached (90 deg)

Reactions: Cory S
looked up a few things on the ESP, looks like I can get to it from the behind the bower plate. Any tips for cleaning it? I do not want to damage it.

looked up a few things on the ESP, looks like I can get to it from the behind the bower plate. Any tips for cleaning it? I do not want to damage it.
I use an old paintbrush and reach through the exhaust path as you mention above. If you remove the right side rear panel, you can access the ESP in the exhaust tunnel from the outside. It's held in place with one small Philips screw. Gently and gingerly clean it with window cleaner or some other mild cleaner. Treat it like it's made of glass. Its a very sensitive and important part of the stove.

20151006_103749.jpg

Used the smallest attachment that came with my ash vac. modified it and used a little elect. tape. Got it nice and clean. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.