Harman P 61-2 noise help!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Cwedd

Dec 7, 2022
Pennsylvania
We just bought a house with a Harman P 61-2. Wouldn’t start so we replaced the combustion blower and distribution motor. Our issue is when we opened up the back of the stove it had a different combustion blower than what was on the manual. It had a 3-21-00945 installed but the manual calls for a 3-21-22647. I confirmed with a local pellet stove place and they said to stick with the one in the manual and not the one that’s already in the stove. Now it’s making an awful noise but not sure if that’s normal since we’ve never heard a pellet stove run before! Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0182.MOV
    6.9 MB
Your vid is not long nor loud enough for my old ears.
3-21-00945 is a combustion blower
3-21-22647 is a convection blower
There is basic troubleshooting in the manual. If you do not have one, get it off the Harman site.

Your vid is not long nor loud enough for my old ears.
3-21-00945 is a combustion blower
3-21-22647 is a convection blower
There is basic troubleshooting in the manual. If you do not have one, get it off the Harman site.
Thank you. Our manual lists the combustion blower as 3-21-08639. Which I misstated as 3-21-22647.

The previous owners had installed 3-21-00945 instead.

The company I contacted said it needs to be 3-21-08639.

Now that we have it running it sounds smooth, I’m assuming our issues were from an incorrect part.

Reactions: 1kzwoman